International Development Fellows Program (IDFP)
The Catholic Relief Services' International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) gives people who are interested in a career in international relief and development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain exposure to our programs. Each year, CRS places approximately 20-25 Fellows with our country programs overseas. Assignments are for 8-12 months, starting in early September. Specific job responsibilities vary greatly from one country to another depending on the country program's focus (Agriculture, Health, Peacebuilding, Education, Microfinance, or a combination of these). The goal of the IDFP is to place Fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience, while broadening their skills. Most of our fellowships lead to regular positions with Catholic Relief Services.
Speaking from Experience: 2013-2014 IDFP Fellow Videos
Nadia Rahman - Nigeria
Eric Wise - Kenya
Anne-Claire Benoit - DRC
Rafael Merchan - Malawi
The 2015-16 IDFP online application is now open.
To apply, please fill out the online application form. In addition to basic details and contact information, you'll need to answer a few short essay questions.
Applications close Monday, December. 1, 2014 at 11:59PM EST.
During the fall, the IDFP team will be holding numerous information sessions at Universities across the U.S. If we are visiting your school, we encourage you to attend one of our sessions to learn more about our program. Most of our sessions take place September – November.
Join the IDFP for an Online Information Session Webinar Every Week
We will be hosting 30 minute online IDFP information sessions weekly to provide you with more information regarding the program and the opportunity to ask us questions and learn more about the application process.
The dates and time for the webinars are below:
|October 15||12:00-1:00 pm EST||Wednesday|
|October 22||12:00-1:00 pm EST||Wednesday|
|October 29||12:00-1:00 pm EST||Wednesday|
|November 6||10:00-11:00 am EST||Thursday|
|November 13||10:00-11:00 am EST||Thursday|
|November 20||10:00-11:00 am EST||Thursday|
Our presenter will be the Manager for Fellowships, Internships, and Volunteers, Jennifer Nazaire. Here is the link to join the webinar: http://ecom.catholicrelief.org/idfpwebinar2014/
Please paste it into your browser, then login when the Adobe connect page appears. Before the Webinar: View the IDFP video on our program page. Here is the link for the video http://crs.org/about/careers/fellowships/
We look forward to talking with you!
International Development Fellows Program Video
For frequently asked questions about the International Development Fellows Program, please see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development.
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic. French preferred.
- At least 12 months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country.
- Strong cross-cultural skills with the ability to adapt to the local culture.
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly.
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Interest in a career in development or emergency relief with Catholic Relief Services
- Commitment to CRS Principles
- Desire to work for a faith-based organization.
CRS provides the IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Stipend of $24,875 annually
- Cost of living adjustment
- Furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country of assignment
- Medical Evacuation Coverage
- Medical, Life, Travel, Accident, and Personal/Household Effects Insurance.
IDFP is now on Facebook! Like the Catholic Relief Services - International Development Fellows Program page for updates, tips and relevant information.
IDFP is now on Twitter! Tweet us at @CRS_IDFP.